Website U.S. VETS
This position reports directly to the Executive Director of U.S.VETS and is responsible for the coordination and supervision of all services and programs delivered by United States Veterans Initiative (U.S.VETS). The main function of these programs is to assist homeless veterans and their families to achieve their highest level of independence and successfully transition to and maintain permanent housing.
- Develops a therapeutic milieu in accordance with the U.S.VETS Mission and Philosophy.
- Monitors programs and departments’ progress in meeting goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community partners to include the Veterans Administration, the local Continuum of Care, housing facilities, landlords, donors, funders, agencies and programs to successfully deliver services to veteran clients and their families.
- Supervises Program Team in delivery of services, which include but are not limited to: community service, workstations, transportation, veteran/client appointments, monitoring and/or collection of weekly class schedules for clinical team, UA/BA screenings and inventory of evaluation and monitoring supplies, housing maintenance oversight, room inspections/general monthly cleaning of client rooms, and participation in daily community meetings.
- Supervises Workforce Coordinator in performance of duties related to workforce development and job readiness for client population, supervises performance goal outcomes, and provides updates to Clinical and Executive Directors.
- Supervises and provides oversight for facility maintenance and processes related to site maintenance and repairs.
- Supervises Veteran Services Coordinator to ensure residential assistance needs of clients are met
- Supervises Outreach Coordinator and strategizes to ensure high rate of bed utilization
- Supervises Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program Coordinator to ensure implementation of SSVF services and meeting of program goals
- Facilitates regular meetings with program staff and report on program progress and outcomes to Executive Director.
- Maintains overall organizational integrity within the site and compliance with all federal and other regulations.
- Identifies and develops additional programs/resources at the site in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Oversees client care guidelines and ensure that legal requirements are met in collaboration with the Clinical Department.
- Provides direct service to clients through crisis intervention, counseling, case management, client grievance/dispute resolution, outreach, and other service activities as necessary.
- Maintains U.S.VETS-owned vehicle inventory, including maintenance schedule, staff driving schedule, and have ability to safely operate vehicle.
- Oversees Food Service Operations, up to and including client food service workers, meal orders, and meal count tracking.
- Ensures all inventory accepted and given out is properly received and documented, as well keeping an accurate inventory of supplies.
- Ensures site readiness related to emergency supplies and proper amount of emergency food in storage.
- Participates in weekly Programs Conference Call facilitated by U.S.VETS National Office designee.
- Performs crisis intervention, client staffing, and home visits as needed to address client needs and issues.
- Works with Operations and Clinical department regarding the collection and tracking for Program Rents.
- Assists with developing and updating client forms and program policies.
- Assists with administration of payroll by reviewing time sheets of direct reports for accuracy and ensuring timely submission.
- Coordinates special projects as identified by Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Social Work, Public Administration, Non-Profit Management, or related field is required.
- Ideal candidate will possess at least two years’ experience in program management, staff supervision, program development, and budget management as related to programs.
- Experience working with veterans, homeless individuals, disabled individuals, and/or families in need and culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse groups of individuals, to include clients, staff, and community stakeholders.
- Leadership and Conflict Management skills essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated personal and financial integrity in the workplace and a strong work ethic.
- Valid driver’s license required. Must meet company insurance requirements and complete a provided driver training course.
- Ability to work independently and within team-approach environment .
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 2 years
- Program Management: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Clean Driving Record
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/United-States-Veterans-Initiative/jobs/Program-Manager-6a237006a2b6c31b →